Monday, September 6, 2010

Gallbladder Removal From Throat

simplified rules of life

As happens every year, I think long hours working in a class needs to be changed back once done ... LoL I must say that arriving at a new school and not not knowing the students, it was difficult to anticipate everything. ( Three years in the same school and I had already forgotten what it was like to adapt to a whole new class! )

FITNESS, so. This is the key word. After a day of class, I had identified the main problem of my great CM2: gossip ...!

The problem with this scourge is that it's not very bad, per se, but it is unlivable every day (especially at 30!). Naively, I thought, just a few seconds (go, even say "minutes" I'm too optimistic ...) a discussion with such great students inconvenience these unwanted chatter and their consequences for work and well-being of all, then it would go like clockwork! I say naive? I mean ... stupid! LoL

So I started changing my life rules and my system of sanctions. Now, in the classroom, there are only 3 main rules barred and each student has a card (or allowed) which remains on the table all day.

Nouvelles règles -image-

Red for those who do want to understand anything, yellow for those who are still struggling to control himself and green for those who have it all! ;-) Every color of his rights and penalties. I also expected the sanctions "collective" because these little devils have quickly begun to discuss the matter and the horrible injustices caused (...).

Sure, we can discuss the rules with students. Certainly, one can construct with them the rules of classroom life. But some rules are essential for efficient work and thus are not debatable. Also, I want to say that CM2, they have no excuse: they know very of how a class should work, what is forbidden and what is allowed.

To date, the class is yellow and some wags are red. There is no green! I am tempted by despair ... but I'll cross our fingers to see the end of the tunnel soon!

Good luck to all! ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment